Freeze with xrandr

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Aug 31 00:51:14 CEST 2011

I use xrandr to restore the zoom and pan functions found under older
versions of Slackware Linux. If I set up xrandr to both zoom and pan I
am guaranteed a freeze in a few minutes of use. So I have been using
xrandr just for zooming and living without the pan function.

Today however I had a total freeze with no pan facility in use.

I really hate KDE4, even in "classic" mode. And Salix doesn't seem to
offer classic mode. But I will test KDE4 using xrandr to see if it
avoids the freeze problem. If it does or does not I will report back.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press