Xubuntu-10.04 Torqued

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 23 15:13:30 CEST 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>> Please don't blame Xubuntu for the user lack of knowledge. You can get to
>> a console simply by using Ctrl+Alt+F2. You can also boot in recovery mode,
>> which runs as root and enters the console without you having to do learn
>> the right way.
>
>  Should I chastise you for not being intimately familiar with Slackware?

   Apologies. Ctrl-Alt-Fn works on all systems. My systems boot into a
console and I manually run startx when I went to go GUI. I was trying to do
the same thing on xubuntu.

   The recommendation was to not have X running during the operation.
Switching to another console would work but I was focused on booting without
the display manager.

Rich