Volume keys not working properly

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Aug 22 22:50:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:30:10PM +0200, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> > amixer was already installed so that now works. Thanks for getting it to
> > work.
> >
> > Still a bit confused as to why it stopped working in the first place.
>
> I can simply confirm how it behaves on my side, I have ArchLinux with
> Xfce installed from Git. While the multimedia work just fine through
> the xfce4-keyboard-settings dialog there are no default actions
> attached to them.
>
> I created myself a bunch of script for each key and attached them as
> keyboard shortcuts, this works out just fine.

I also did not have any shortcuts configured when it worked the first
time. As it just worked I also did not look why, so I have no idea what
made it work.

It could be amixer or it could have been something else. It just worked.

houghi
--
For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I
have good luck and write better than I can.