Volume keys not working properly

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Aug 22 11:25:40 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:03:11AM +0200, houghi wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 04:17:06PM -0700, John Altstatt wrote:
> > Houghi;
> >
> > I have never used Xinerama so this problem is new to me.
> >
> > BTW, I'm running xfce-4.8.0
> >

> The problem also is new to me. It worked before. :-(

I made a movie that perhaps shows better what goes on:
http://houghi.org/movie/index.php?movie=UYS13FH

I made a taskbar and made it as large as possible and added the Mixer
Plugin. When that changes it changes all. However the keys show some sound
stuff, but do not change the actual volume.

As I said, this used to work. So perhaps I need to figure out what the big
icon is and what it is linked to.

houghi
--
Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we