New features in Rodent Gamma

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Fri Aug 12 16:43:33 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 22:00, Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
>> * Colors that aren't present in my theme? (green hover?)
>
> Yeah, I did think that green was a bit rasta, but then I'm not a
> designer. If you have any other color which looks better I'll be very
> glad to use it instead. After Gamma release, if enough users request
> this color be configurable, it shall be so. But if no one has any
> better suggestion than rasta-green, then rasta-green it shall be.

I'm no GTK+ expert, but i believe there's already a hover color
defined in my theme...

>> * global zoom level
>
> I had thought of it, but rather as a "default" zoom level since each
> visited "path" recalls the user set zoom level. Is a "default" zoom
> level what you had in mind or using an absolute zoom level for all
> "paths"?

Default zoom with option to reset (all paths) to default would work too.

Ctrl-0 could reset the zoomlevel of a path to the default (just like
your browser does)

>> * And then there are a few other things, but I guess they will be
>> dealt with over time...
>>
>> Overall, I'm quite impressed, but not yet convinced...
>
> Even if you are not convinced, I greatly appreciate the time you took
> to download, compile and test Gamma-unstable. Rest assured your
> comments did not fall on deaf ears.

I'm no coder (php scripter), all I can do to assist is test and complain ;)

-H-