Window placement off-screen

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:58:20 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Michael Orlitzky <michael at orlitzky.com> wrote:
> This has been driving me nuts on three separate machines since the 4.8
> upgrade. Surely someone else has run into it and fixed it?
>
>  1. http://michael.orlitzky.com/images/xfce-4.8-window_placement-1.png
>
>  2. http://michael.orlitzky.com/images/xfce-4.8-window_placement-2.png
>
> Both are the result of starting the terminal, and running the shown
> command. No other tricks.

Chances are that the initial size of Emacs window is smaller and fit
in the area, but then Emacs enlarges its window afterwards once the
font size is applied, causing the window to be placed partly outside
of the screen.

I can see Emacs resizing its window on startup here

Does this happen with other apps as well or just Emacs?

Cheers,
Olivier.