RPMS and RHEL 6?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Apr 23 20:21:13 CEST 2011

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 10:54:32 -0700
Todd And Margo Chester <toddandmargo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/09/2011 09:45 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > Its on my list to add to EPEL. ;)
> > I had a mostly find 4.6 stack going, but I want to see if I can get
> > 4.8 in since it will stay that version for years. ;)
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Any idea what kind of time frame you are looking at?  I have
> a bare server I am putting off installing while I wait for Xfce.

I was going to work on it this weekend some, but have had network
issues.

Please don't hold off on anything on account of me. I work on Xfce in
my spare time and am not promising anything on when packages will be
available.

Perhaps you could install and use something else for now and pick up
Xfce later? Or install from source? If it's a "bare server" why is Xfce
needed?

kevin