4.8.x Panel - Increasing the max characters shown of the text of grouped winows

Sartan darrenrh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:50:41 CEST 2011

Thanks - that pointed me in the right direction.  I'm not familiar with the
setting so I did some messing around.
I first thought doing this:
XfceTasklist::ellipsize-mode = -1
might make it dynamic, but it didn't appear to - and looking up the pango
documentation discovered that's just 'where' the ellips is located(if at
all).
However adding
XfceTasklist::menu-max-width-chars = 100
had the desired effect.
I then tried
XfceTasklist::menu-max-width-chars = -1
to see if that would make it 100% dynamic..no luck.  So I'll stick with
100(or whatever I need) for now and be happy. :)

It seems to me that that would be a nice addition to the panel
properties(window buttons) dialog. Although I am not shy about editing
config files some people may find it daunting.  I'm happy to file and
enhancement bug if you think it's worth it.

Thanks again.  I'm a 6+ year user of XFCE and love it.
Darren