trash can disappeared

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Apr 18 19:04:52 CEST 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Nick Schermer wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Zenwalker <shailesh.zenwalk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When will the loading problem of thunar coz of gvfs gets resolved?
>
> If someone can test what causes the delay, we investigate it (does it
> happen with sidepane/treeview disabled, increases with multiple
> removable disks, does gvfs starts mounting devices).

On FreeBSD, I found Thunar to take about 45 seconds to open a window.
Deinstalling gvfs, removing leftover files in /usr/local/share/gvfs, and
reinstalling gvfs cured it.  I suspect the delay was due to timeouts
while attempting to access Samba or other network mounts (which I don't
have), but didn't keep close enough track to say for sure.