Application menu - Path setting not working

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Apr 7 16:21:14 CEST 2011

I have an application desktop file (pointed to by an Application menu
entry) as follows:-

    [Desktop Entry]
    Categories=
    Comment=Startest
    Comment[en]=Startest
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Exec=/home/chris/bin/startest.sh
    GenericName=
    GenericName[en]=
    Icon=/home/chris/Starbase/installer/icons/starbase.png
    MimeType=
    Name=Starbase
    Name[en]=Starbase
    Path=/home/chris/Starbase
    ServiceTypes=
    SwallowExec=
    SwallowTitle=
    Terminal=true
    TerminalOptions=
    Type=Application
    URL=
    X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
    X-KDE-Username=root

    # created by com.izforge.izpack.util.os.Unix_Shortcut $Revision$
    # $Id$

(This is a copy of the original one which I'm trying to debug)

/home/chris/bin/startest.sh is simply:-

    #
    #
    #
    #
    pwd
    cd /home/chris/Starbase
    pwd
    /bin/bash

When I click on the menu entry for startest a terminal window appears
with the following in it:-

    /home/chris
    /home/chris/Starbase
    chris$

Why doesn't it start up with /home/chris/Starbase as its directory?
This is what the Path=/home/chris/Starbase in the desktop file is
supposed to do isn't it?  Or am I missing something very obvious?

Oh, if it's relevant, running xubuntu 10.10.

--
Chris Green