disabling xfdesktop?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Sep 26 01:53:43 CEST 2010

I have just upgraded from Xubuntu 8.04 to 10.04 and with this from Xfce
4.4.2 to 4.6.1

I am very disappointed that the xfdesktop menu editor has gone.

I know http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu but this is way to
complicated for my users. No go.

I have tried to used deskmenmu as a replacement for starting programs but
xfdesktop won't let the mouseclicks "go through".

How can I tell xfdesktop to forward a mouseclick in the backupground to a
specific program? Or (how) can I deactivate xfdesktop, which I do not need
any more? When I kill the xfdesktop process, xfce4-session automatically
restarts it.

(*) http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/deskmenu.1.html

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlacher at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-685-65868
Allmandring 30                 Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/