Recommend a replacement for mailwatch-plugin?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:47:55 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-21, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> My mail notifier is available at:
>
>   http://www.panix.com/~grante/files/imapnotify-0.10.tar.gz
>
> It requires Python and pyGTK.

Just to clarify: This isn't an XFCE panel plugin or applet or widget
or anything like that.

It is a stand-alone X11/Gtk application.

[I supposed there's a chance it will work on other, non-X11 platforms
that support PyGTK, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.]

It doesn't use any XFCE libraries or APIs.

It does know how to deal with window managers in order to control
window decoration, stay-on-top, pinning to desktop, and presence in
taskbar and pager.

I posted the link here because I used to use XFCE's mailwatch panel
plugin, and this is where the question of a replacement started.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! But they went to MARS
                                  at               around 1953!!