Terminal macros

Duke Normandin dukeofperl at ml1.net
Wed Sep 8 21:40:00 CEST 2010

Hey list...

I've been using Xubuntu for 1 month or so (coming from FreeBSD), and I
love it! It's light and quick.

So this is my first Linux distro, so I'm still getting familiar.

I use alpine as my MUA. For about 6 months before putting together
this Xubuntu box, I was my wife's IMAC Leopard machine. The Apple
terminal can be configured to assign text strings to various key
combos - like my passwords to various IMAP servers I connect to with
alpine.

Is there a way to do the same with xfce4-terminal, or do I need to
start up a different terminal to get that functionality? TIA...

--
Duke