xfce4-terminal, xmodmap

Jönne Speck jspeck at runbox.com
Sat Sep 4 13:45:19 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I hope I'm right here, otherwise let me know. I have problems using xmodmap with the xfce4-terminal.

I'm running the xfce4-terminal, 0.4.3, in the xfce environment. I have a .xmodmaprc in my home file, saying this:

remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keysym Escape = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
add Lock = Caps_Lock

The .bashrc contains xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc

Still, though, when I start the terminal the keys aren't swapped. They are, if I run the command manually, but whenever I open a new terminal window, or tab, it's cancelled.

Do you have any idea? I'm happy to provide more details.

Best
Jönne