Any idea why starting evolution from the panel should take much longer than from the command line?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Oct 23 14:37:11 CEST 2010

I'm not sure if this is an xfce problem or what but it might be.

If I start evolution from either the 'Applications' menu or from a
launcher I have added myself to the xfce4-panel it takes about 30
seconds for the GUI to appear.

If I start it from a command line it starts instantly (or near enough).

So what's causing the long delay?  The command is exactly the same in
both cases - /usr/bin/evolution, I'm stumped as to where that 30 seconds
is going.

Any ideas?

--
Chris Green