diagonal change of work space (desktops)

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Thu Oct 21 18:04:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:35:48 -0400
Gilbert Sullivan <whirly.gig at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't think XFCE has the concept of 2D organization of workspaces.
> > Else the 'Workspaces' dialog would ask how to organize them. Eg. I have
> > 6 spaces defined. 'Workspaces' would have to ask how to organize them
> > (1x6, 2x3 or 3x2) if it knew about 2D.
> >
> > John
>
> On my installations (4.6.2) the setting for number of rows is in the
> Properties dialog for the workspace switcher applet in the panel.

Hi Gilbert.

You're right! I never detected that - thanks for the hint.

I love XFCE, and have used it for years. But I am frequently confused
as to where I have to go to change options. This is yet another example!
I do believe this should be in the 'Workspaces' dialog, or else do away
with the dialog completely and add number of workspaces to the Switcher
properties.

Cheers,
John