Changing Behavior of Quit Button

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 06:55:03 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/11/15 Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:
>  I'm running -4.6.1 on my laptop with Slackware-current. The behavior of
> the "Quit" button up through the 4.6.1 version on Slackware-13.1 is to kill
> the X server. What I see on the new installation is a icon box with choices
> of logging off, shutting down, rebooting, etc. I don't want that. Sometimes
> I want to kill the X server and continue working on a console.
>
>  How do I re-configure the quit button to do this?

I think the program xfce4-power-manager could be causing this. First
make sure if it is running, check the process list and the
notification area (it displays an icon there). If so right click the
icon or run the settings dialog from Xfce Menu > Settings > Xfce4
Power Manager (xfce4-power-manager-settings), there you will be able
to tweak the action for the power button. Or try to remove this
package.

Otherwise it might be a change in the ACPI script, but that's more
Slackware related.

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

HTH