KDE[sic!] Sounds Config File

Adam Jefferiss adam.jefferiss at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:35:44 CET 2010

On 8 November 2010 16:41, Jon <proedie at arcor.de> wrote:
>> You'll find what you want in the ~/.kde/share/config directory. I've
>> got some KDE apps installed on my work machine and lookin in there I
>> can see a kmailrc file which seems to hold what you'll need.
>
> Thanks for your reply. In that directory are the config files for KDE
> applications all right, but I could not find the right file to switch off the
> KDE sounds in general.

I couldn't find anything to disable sounds in general, however the
version of Kmail on my work machine has a "Notifications" option under
the "Settings" menu, there's a turn off sound option.

>> A KDE list would probably be a better idea in future though...
>
> Sure, that is what I am going to try next, however that means subscribing to a
> list I generally do not want to read. ;) So, as this is a problem that does
> not concern KDE people (they have their Control Centre) I just thought, on
> this list might be someone who had the same problem. Yes, it's a stab in the
> dark.

If you don't want to subscribe to a mailing list that you won't really
read (can't say I blame you there) you could always try the KDE forums
[1].

Thanks,
Adam

[1] http://forum.kde.org/

--
cromar: If there is a God, why does he/she allow disasters like
earthquakes and Microsoft?