How do I prevent xfce terminal from grabbing the Alt key?

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Nov 4 19:16:08 CET 2010

Am Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:49:46 +0000
schrieb Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 02:17:47PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > On mer., 2010-11-03 at 23:17 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > > >
> > > I use the compose key, but being able to enter the Euro symbol as
> > > it's *marked* on my keyboard would be a better way!
> >
> > On my keyboard (us qwerty) and keymap (us altgr-intl), this is done
> > using Right-Alt + 5. Not Left-Alt.
> >
> Right-Alt + 5 gives me ½.  The Euro symbol is marked on the 4 key on
> my keyboard and that agrees with the standard/default Alt + 4 gives
> Euro symbol. In general on my keyboard any third symbol marked on the
> bottom right of the key can be entered with Alt + key.
>
> I have just noticed that the Alt + <key> symbols are sometimes
> working in *this* window, but not just now again.  It seems that
> something I do can turn them on and off.

You mean AltGr? That key gives me this in Terminal *and* mousepad:

AltGr + 4 = ¼
AltGr + 5 = ½

And accordingly:

Alt + 4 = Switch Tab
Alt + 5 = Switch Tab

Please be clear when you are talking about AltGr because it simply
isn't the same as the ordinary Alt key.

And be clear what symbols are not working.

--
ciao,
    Christian