How do I prevent xfce terminal from grabbing the Alt key?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Thu Nov 4 15:49:46 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 02:17:47PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On mer., 2010-11-03 at 23:17 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > >
> > I use the compose key, but being able to enter the Euro symbol as it's
> > *marked* on my keyboard would be a better way!
>
> On my keyboard (us qwerty) and keymap (us altgr-intl), this is done
> using Right-Alt + 5. Not Left-Alt.

Right-Alt + 5 gives me ½.  The Euro symbol is marked on the 4 key on my
keyboard and that agrees with the standard/default Alt + 4 gives Euro symbol.
In general on my keyboard any third symbol marked on the bottom right
of the key can be entered with Alt + key.

I have just noticed that the Alt + <key> symbols are sometimes working in
*this* window, but not just now again.  It seems that something I do can
turn them on and off.

--
Chris Green