Cygwin 1.7 - xfce hangs on shutdown

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Mon May 31 23:20:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

When shutting down xfce 4.6.2 from within cygwin, it prompts me with a
little window as to whether to save the session, logout, etc.  I unclick
save the session and then select logout (instead of hibernate, etc).

Once I hit logout, xfce displays the following error in the command
window and then hangs:

** (xfce4-session:3248): WARNING **: xfsm-shutdown-helper.c:110: Failed
to connect to the system message bus: Failed to connect to socket
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
** Message: xfsm-shutdown-helper.c:274: HAL not available or does not
permit to shutdown/reboot the computer, trying sudo fallback instead.