Cygwin 1.7 - xfce can't find menu plugin

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Mon May 31 23:14:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

First some good news - I was able to successfully compile xfce 4.6.2 in
the Cygwin 1.7 environment.  I'm able to start xfce and see the panel,
desktop interface, window list, etc.

However, the menu interface doesn't appear to be working.  Is there a
setting or something I missed?

Output with error:

$ startxfce4
/opt/xfce46/bin/startxfce4: Starting X server

<stdin>:1:3: error invalid preprocessing directive #Those
<stdin>:2:3: error invalid preprocessing directive #or
<stdin>:3:3: error invalid preprocessing directive #Xft
<stdin>:4:3: error invalid preprocessing directive #Xft
Agent pid 2284
xfdesktop[2444]: starting up
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/fam-myuser/fam-Failed to connect to
socket /tmp/fam-myuser/fam-

** (xfdesktop:2444): CRITICAL **: XfceDestkopMenu init failed (The
XfceDesktopMenu module could not be loaded: No such file or directory)

** (xfdesktop:2444): WARNING **: xfdesktop: Unable to initialise menu
module.  Right-click menu will be unavailable.