Restrict LOG OFF and Wallpaper in Xubuntu 9.10

David Mohr squisher at xfce.org
Mon May 24 23:57:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM, UDC <udc at campus.iztacala.unam.mx> wrote:
> I have many PC's with Xubuntu 9.10 for public use in a library and I want to
> restrict the option of QUIT, LOG OFF, SLEEP ETC. and also i want the

The permissions for Quit, Sleep etc are managed by HAL. I don't
remember exactly where to change it, but this HAL is the place.

Log off is a different story, I think, but could be managed by an
external wrapper just logging you straight back in.

> wallpaper to recharge constantly to keep changing it, could someone tell me
> if it is possible and how can I do? Thanks in advance

You can do that by scripting using xfconf-query to change the
wallpaper settings.

~David