ABW document opening strangely

Harald Servat redcrash at gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:34:23 CEST 2010

2010/5/19 Arthur Machlas <arthur.machlas at gmail.com>

> Greetings again,
>
> If there is a user forum online to use please let me know, otherwise I
> will continue to bring my questions to the mailing list.
>
> When I open a 27 page .abw document it initially shows 8 pages, and
> the text is all re-arranged strangely; introduction at the end, the
> entire first two chapters missing, skips from chapter 3 to 5. If I
> just let it sit there for a few minutes nothing happens, so I presume
> it's not just loading very, very slowly. But if I change page view
> from print preview to normal, about 8 more pages show up (according to
> the status bar and by scrolling through the document). Then if I
> switch to webview a few more pages show up, same inspection process.
> Finally, switching back to print preview makes all the pages show up
> and the document is once again formatted correctly.
>
> This behaviour is persisting across saves and opens, even after making
> some changes to the document. I'm not sure at the moment if any other
> docs are affected.
>
> I'm hoping someone has an idea of what might be causing the problem.

Arthur,

  this list is for discussing about the XFCE desktop. The issue you're
depicting seems to be an Abiword issue, instead.

  Please, consider resending this mail to the appropriate list (take a look
at http://abisource.com/mailinglists).

Regards.

> Best,
> AM

Fry: You can see how I lived before I met you.
Bender: You lived before you met me?!
Fry: Yeah, lots of people did.
Bender: Really?!