ANNOUNCE: Task Manager 0.5.90 (1.0.0 beta1) -- now looking for first beta testers

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri May 14 22:09:21 CEST 2010

Hi Ali,

2010/5/14 Sadique Ali K M <sadiqalikm at gmail.com>:
> The 'Preferences' button actually actually shows various columns that the
> user can optionally view.
> Hence it is actually a 'View' menu.
>
> Would you consider renaming the 'Preferences' button to 'View' ?

That's a good remark. The first reason is that I chose to use a stock
item so that it comes with a default icon and label and it doesn't
have to be translated. Before being named "Preferences" the item was
called "Information" which is close to what you propose, but in the
future there will be at least two new options "Refresh rate" and
"Precision." Although I can also make this button show a settings
dialog, I stick with the menu to keep things uncluttered.

> PS: I am new in the mailing list. Pardon my ignorance if this has been
> discussed before.

You are welcome.

--
Mike