Want xfce, not twm, as my vnc session wm

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at verizon.net
Sat May 8 06:10:07 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am reading over CentOS's vnc-server how to:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server#head-590bc681fe9ae3aeff8f5745860352706e896288

They have me editing/creating ~.vnc/xstartup:

#!/bin/sh
# Add the following line to ensure you always have an xterm available.
( while true ; do xterm ; done )&
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ]&&  exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ]&&  xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic&
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop"&
twm&

It is the "twm&" I object to.  If I am remembering correctly,
startxfce4 does not work as a substitute.  I want the remote
user to see his xfce screen the same way he would as if he
was sitting in front of the machine.

Does anyone have a ~.vnc/xstartup for xfce that they would not
mind posting back for me to look at?

Many thanks,
-T