Determine program screen size

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Mar 28 15:59:39 CEST 2010

How can I determine the size and location of a program on my desktop?

e.g. I can sometimes run a program with -geometry, but when I resize it,
how can I find out what the current size and location is for that program?

I would want to use this in a bash script, so if possible no typing
involved. I also treid looking for the code for the screenshot
application, but looking for it gave me a LOT of nice images, but not the
program itself.

If possible, I would adapt that to not take screenshots, but video
capture.

Yes, I am aware that there are video capture programs out there. I just
would like to learn something.

houghi
--
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
and why. Then do it.