One panel

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Mar 24 20:08:44 CET 2010

On 03/24/2010 02:57 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> David Rosenstrauch<darose at darose.net>  :
>> http://www.darose.net/DaroseDesktop2009-11.png
>
> Why Konqueror?

Because of all the awesomeness of the KIO slave functionality:

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/124686

All those little bits of file-system-plugin functionality makes
Konqueror *really* powerful as a file manager.  For example, I can copy
a file from smb://foo/file.txt to fish://bar/ without having to mount
anything or type anything at the command line.  That's huge.

Thunar doesn't have this yet, IIRC.  (Though I think I read that it's
slated to be a feature for the 4.8 release.)

DR