Patching the panel

Tue Mar 23 05:08:41 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 22.03.2010, 21:31 -0400 schrieb Greg Folkert:
>
>> You are so the *person*. Help like this just doesn't exist most places
>> with out the RTFM/NEWB crowd butting in!
>
> Thanks :) No problem, you are welcome.
>
> I think a successful FOSS project needs (at least) two things:
>     1. good developers
>     2. a good community of supporters
>
> As Xfce already has brilliant developers and I'm definitely *not* one of
> them (I only submit patches from time to time), I focus on the latter.
>
> This is what we have done in Fedora for quite some time now and the Xfce
> user base there has increased a lot. I am convinced that we can do the
> same at Xfce upstream.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for the reply  Christoph.
Once many moons ago I replied to a request for help on this list and
helped a fellow Xfce user.
It felt good to have contributed in some small way to the Xfce project.
I guess that's what defines a community ....
Each year I contribute to a open source project, last year was MEPIS.
I believe this year it will be Xfce that gets a contribution.

This is for that small group of Xfce developers: Your efforts are appreciated.

Tom