Feedback of Xfce booth at Chemnitzer Linux Days 2010

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:48:43 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM,  <timystery at arcor.de> wrote:

>> Yes, well, my comment was more about the initial statement "resolve
>> Nvidia-Xrandr-Xfwm4-Maximizing problem with different cloned screens
>> in presentation mode" which comes as a surprise and does not make much
>> sense to me...
>>
>> What a heck is A "Nvidia-Xrandr-Xfwm4-Maximizing problem with
>> different cloned screens in presentation mode"...
>>

> As far as I understood the problem:
>
> A user told his setup when giving presentations:
> latop screen with resolution A,
> presentation screen with resolution B,
> clone mode,
> Nvidia card with drivers version 190
> Xfce with Xfwm4
> using nvidia-settings
>
> Now sometimes maximizing windows works with respect to the display activated as the main or front display, and sometimes it wouldn't, so he would manually resize them and move them to the proper positions. He thinks it might be related to having both Xfwm and Nvidia drivers. Not sure whether this also happened with other window managers as well.
>
> Hope that explains Nvidia + Clone + Maximize + Xfwm :)

Not really, how can you have clone + different resolution? it's not
clone, it's two overlapping outputs.And in that case, what size are
you supposed to take as the actual size of the monitor, the small or
the large one?

But for sure I would need the actual layout as reported by xrandr by
an application like
http://foo-projects.org/~olivier/misc/enum-displays.c

Cheers,
Olivier.