full screen apps blocks keyboard shortcuts?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Mar 6 15:06:45 CET 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 03:14:38 am Roger Durañona Vargas wrote:
> After some good advice here I configured xfce4-screenshoter to take
> screenshots witha keyboard shortcut. It worked fine while in normal
> desktop, but as soon as I tried it while running a game in fullscren
> mode, no screenshot is taken. Can somebody confirm me that it is because
> the fullscreen apps block the keyboard shortcuts?

No responses?  It does make sense, in a way.  I have always found that the
normal rules don't seem to apply to games running full screen.  They seem to
take over the system.  Only the game's own key bindings do anything.  Get back
to windowed mode, and you have your desktop back.

I assume that the key for the screenshot isn't used by the game?  You would
have realised that, anyway.

Doug.