Webilder wallpaper changer and Xfce

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Jun 24 10:17:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:00:42 +1000
Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:43:30 +1000
> Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 01:15:10 +0200
> > Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > To: XFCE general discussion list <xfce at xfce.org>
> > > Subject: Re: Webilder wallpaper changer and Xfce
> > > Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 01:15:10 +0200
> >
> > Thanks Mike.  I havewn't been too well today.  It immediately
> > downloaded 2 images from Flickr for me yesterday.  Today it started
> > within XFapplet when I booted up, but crashed when I
> > logged out and in again.  It has just downloaded another batch of
> > photos from Flickr.  I gave it my Webshots account details, but it
> > seems to have nothing from there.  The downloader may be out of
> > date. I had it "kind of" running under KDE3 with my Windows Webshots
> > collection.
> >
> > I will try your patch.
> >
> > Doug.
> I see that you are running 0.6.5.  I am running version 0.6.6 from the
> tarball.
>
> Doug.

I couldn't work out how to apply the patch - it hung (probably did it
wrongly) but I amended webilder.conf as you suggested and everything
works, including rotating the wallpaper.  The images are for a wide
screen, but that will be an adjustment in the Flickr config, if it is
possible at all.  Webshots offers widescreen only to paying subscribers.

Doug.

Doug.