Bug? Alt-Fx keys switch VTs

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Jun 7 13:58:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

after a recent upgrade of my Debian unstable, I experience very wired
behavior of certain keyboard shortcuts. It seems that keyboard shortcuts
that have some meaning in Linux text console (namely Alt-Fx,
Alt-left/right, Ctrl-Alt-Del) retains this same meaning even if I log to
Xfce (through GDM). This is very annoying since I heavily use Alt-F2 to
execute xfrun4 and instead of showing me the dialog box, now it switches
me to the text console. Also pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del (which I map to
xfce4-session-logout) reboots my computer unconditionally.

I'm not sure whether it is Xfce related but if I first log in and out to
KDE and then I login to Xfce, the problem disappears. I've tried to boot
different kernels (2.6.3[234]) and the problem appears in all of them.

Does anybody know, what might the cause of this behavior?

Thanks
Michal