ANNOUNCE: thunar-volman 0.5.1 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Wed Jul 28 08:40:50 CEST 2010

On mar., 2010-07-27 at 14:27 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On 26/07/2010 12:10, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > This is a quick follow-up release on 0.5.0 which had a weird bug related
> > when not built without debug features, resulting in many block devices
> > not being detected properly.
> >
> > For the hackers amongst us: Somehow, g_udev_device_get_devtype()
> > returned a /dev node instead of e.g. "disk" when there were no prior
> > calls to g_udev_device_get_property().
>
> Not sure if it appeared in 0.5.0 or 0.5.1 (I'll have to check) but
> encrypted usb key mount is broken here. Thunar output says something
> like “unknown identifier” or “unknown type” (can't remember right now,
> will check tonight). It did work when I tested in git, so I guess
> something changed since (maybe the add of “usb” type?)

When plugging my usb key with 3 partitions (vfat, ext2, luks), I have:

corsac at hidalgo: thunar
thunar-volman: Unsupported USB device type.
thunar-volman: Unsupported USB device type.
thunar-volman: Unknown block device type.

And nothing asking for my luks passphrase. If I click on the
cryptocontainer in Thunar sidebar, GVfs asks for the passphrase and
then, on console:

thunar-volman: Unknown block device type.
thunar-volman: Unknown block device type.

(and it mounts fine).

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis