ANNOUNCE: parole 0.2.0 released

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:52:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> This lets me think that you cannot play audio via pulse audio. The two
> working test cases were using the alsasink element. Check in your user
> if a daemon pulsed or anything related is running. Kill them and try
> to play a file again (with gst-launch which makes debugging easier).

I terminated PulseAudio and Parole is playing all fine now. Thanks for
the suggestion!

> If it works fine without pulse audio, I suggest you uninstall it.

I am not sure what pulled it on my system (I don't recall installing
it), nor what pulled the daemon into the user session (I specifically
disabled the atuostart for this daemon), but I am now removing it.

Thanks all
Liviu