Changing a menue

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Sat Jan 2 16:28:09 CET 2010

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 09:04:42 am Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> Due to experiments and trials the menu that opens when I click on "Open
> with.."
> for e.g. a tex-file has very many entries.
>
> How can I delete unnecessary entries from this menu, specifically, or
> menus like that in general?

That menu is governed by the "File Associations".  I know where to do it in
KDE, but I am still getting used to Xfce.  All that I have been able to find so
far is:

- Instead of picking an option from the list, select "Other Application."
Then type in the name of the app you want to use.

That won't get rid of the unwanted entries, but it will make your preferred
one the default for next time.

HTH,

Doug.