speed issues in 4.6.1?

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Tue Feb 23 13:23:08 CET 2010

Hi all,

just out of curiosity: I've upgraded one of my boxes from FreeBSD 7.1
to 8.0. As this required rebuilding all installed packages anyway,
I've also upgraded the X server and stuff, and my desktop environment
(Xfce 4.4 to 4.6.1). I've configured the window manager to roll up
windows when double-clicking the titlebar. After upgrading,
double-clicking worked no more. I've investigated a little, and I had
to increase the double-click time from 250ms to 300ms to make things
work again. Looks like it takes more than 250ms to process a
mouseclick? Are there any known speed issues with Xfce 4.6.1 that
would cause such an effect? I'm just starting to ask here although I'm
aware that the problem may be caused by the OS upgrade or by the X
upgrade as well.

regards,
Markus

--