xfce4 startup appears to override my xmodmap keyboard settings

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Feb 9 12:20:57 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 12:30:23AM +0100, Fabian Nowak wrote:
> You tell Xfce to use the Xorg default keyboard layout, so no changes
> will be applied as far as I understand. Otherwise, you can create your
> own keyboard modifiers or maps, dunno, and select those.
>
> If you're lucky, you will also find the settings somewhere in
> $HOME/.local and will be able to add your compose=rwin line to those
> options directly, but that's just another guess.

I can find:-

    $HOME/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/keyboard.xml

which seems to have lots of keyboard settings in it.  However there's
also a file called THESE_FILES_ARE_OBSOLETE.txt which says all of the
files in that directory are obsolete.

There's also:-

    $HOME/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/keyboard-layout.xml
    $HOME/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/keyboards.xml

When/how does xfce4 act on these files?

--
Chris Green