Mousepad

Fri Feb 5 01:42:54 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM, David Mohr <squisher at xfce.org> wrote:
>> Nick,
>> it looks like that flag is deprecated:
>> http://osdir.com/ml/svn-commits-list/2009-10/msg05676.html
>> Not sure if that commit has made it out into the wild yet, but still
>> something to consider for the future.
>
> There is nothing wrong with the includes in mousepad, I always use the
> toplevel includes, so i have no idea what is wrong.
>
> @Tom, you can work around this with the following CFLAGS:
>
> CFLAGS="-DGDK_COMPILATION -DGTK_COMPILATION -DGLIB_COMPILATION"
> ./configure --prefix=/bla && make && make install
>
> Nick

Thanks to all for replying.

CFLAGS="-DGDK_COMPILATION -DGTK_COMPILATION -DGLIB_COMPILATION"

took care of the problem. Nice work Nick, the new version of mousepad
was worth the effort
to build from source.

FYI: I'm running a distribution called MEPIS which is based on lenny.
Not a big fan of KDE, Xfce has been my main desktop environment since
just about 4.2.
There is a  Xfce fan club within the MEPIS community which like Xfce
is quite small.