One question I have ...

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:54:10 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:
>> I completely agree that following "bleeding edge" requires a lot more
>> than many people are prepared to spend in time and resources. To me...
>> your (the Debian developers in general) time and effort go far beyond
>> what I could ask for.
>
> The thing is, it's usually useful for projects to have users testing
> pre-release (this is the point of having them, after all). But just
> testing isn't enough, one should be prepared to face problems, report
> bugs etc. This is where it requires some motivation and time :)

Straying a bit off-topic, I would love to test the bleeding-edge
pre-releases, but not at the expense of messing up my current working
environment (Xfce 4.6.1 on Xubuntu 10.04). I already bugged the list
once with this [1] (with no replies), but I might as well try again:
is it possible to install the pre-release alongside an (existing)
stable Xfce? I'd like to install it as if it were a different wm,
which would use a different config dir. Is anything similar possible?
Otherwise I'll probably end up going through a virtual machine.

Thank you
Liviu

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.desktop.xfce.devel.version4/19053