xfce4-session not restoring position. Bug or can I run KDE's session manager?

Gilbert Sullivan whirly.gig at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:27:24 CET 2010

On 12/04/2010 08:55 PM, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
----------------------------------8<----------------------------------------
> The behavior I'm seeing is that when I leave XFCE and come back in, it
> restarts the xterms, but they all appear based on new window placement (in
> my case, all in the middle of the first workspace).  Ditto for Chromium.

That's the way the Windows Manager Tweaks placement feature works. Is it
possible that your issue is caused by that?

Adjusting that feature's slider (or resizing your windows) will affect
the way windows are positioned when they are started. I'm using Xfce
4.6.2 under Debian testing. I'm not sure which version of Xfce you're using.

Regards,
Gilbert