connman plugin needed(Was: XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:06:26 CEST 2010

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 08:51:35 +0200
Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also wondering why nobody wouldn't write a client for connman now.
> One can always look at carrick, although I fail to find the git
> repository, to get an idea of a well-done client.
>
> I have other stupid questions, but that's it for now. First I'll have
> to build it (currently I'm using network manager, and I'm very happy
> with it, so I'm not interested into a wannabe-connman-client project,
> but I certainly do _like_ the idea). If something takes a nice turn,
> I'll let it know.

Sorry for repeating myself.
What about bringing to a stable state Brian's Airconfig [1][2], inspired
from the MacOS X AirPort menu and intended to be based on
NetworkManager? This would avoid writing a client from scratch.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://spuriousinterrupt.org/projects/airconfig
[2] http://git.xfce.org/apps/airconfig/