XFCE-counterpart of KDE-Networkmanager

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Wed Aug 4 12:46:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 07:30:34AM +0200, Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Inside /etc/init.d/ there is a script for NetworkManager, make sure it
> is configured to run (cf. update-rc.d (8) for Debian systems).

In openSUSE this is configured in YaST, Network Devices, Network Settings.
In the tab "Global Options" select "User controlled with NetworkManager"
and YaST will set everything correctly, restart network and see that it
starts at boot.

Most likely there will be other ways to set this, but this is (I think)
the easiest way with openSUSE.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: