Thunar Questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 27 16:20:13 CEST 2010

   While I've been using Xfce since its earliest days, I don't use Thunar.
However, my wife does on her laptop running xubuntu-9.10. She tells me that
she cannot move files from one directory to another, nor delete them, using
Thunar and my brief examination yesterday evening seemed to confirm this. It
makes no sense to us that a file manager does not make moving (as part of
renaming, which is the opposite of the way it's done in a console) and
deletion menu options.

   I see nothing on the wiki (tips and tricks, FAQ). We must be missing
something and owuld appreciate pointers to how to use Thunar for these
functions.

Rich