tint2 and _NET_WM_ICON

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Thu Sep 17 22:11:29 CEST 2009

On 09/17/2009 10:29 AM, Philip Newborough wrote:
> Hello List :)
>
> I have been using tint2 [1] and I have a problem [2]. Basically, the
> tint2 developers think that the best way to resolve the issue would be
> to contact the Xfce devel team and ask them to set _NET_WM_ICON if no
> icon is set. Is this correct?

I'd say no.  The WM shouldn't be imposing policy on what the default
fallback icon for a window is.  All other apps I've seen that use this
info from windows have their own fallback icon.  You can never guarantee
that _NET_WM_ICON will be set.

> Thanks for any assistance and apologies if this should have gone to
> the xfce4-dev list.

Yes, it probably should go to the dev list.  Not sure if the WM author
reads xfce at .

	-brian