Right mouse buttons stopped working

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Tue Oct 27 17:14:51 CET 2009

Quoting John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com>:

> Hi people,
>
> My wife sent me a mail (from her job) that the right mouse button stopped
> working. Changing mice doesn't solve the problem, neither does
> entering/exiting xfce. Once a program is started, the button _does_ work.
>
> So, it's not impossible to call the application menu by right-clicking
> the background (I had removed the menu button in the toolbar).
>
> She can now start programs using Alt-F2 (run menu), but how do I find
> out why the right button stopped working?

I don't know whether it is related to your wife's problem, as I can
imagine she frantically moved the mouse in order to get a response.
But on my boxes Xfce always had the funny behaviour that the right
mouse button wouldn't invoke the menu right after starting up Xfce
until I moved the mouse at least a wee bit. Just clicking wouldn't do.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka