how to get the Debian menu back?

cathayan cathayan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 06:13:11 CEST 2009

Several months ago(maybe), the Debian submenu dispeared from Xfce4 desktop and
panel menu. I read Xfce wiki and google around, and found no answer.
>From the wiki:

http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu

I learnd that I should edit the xfce-applications.menu, but I don't
know how to include a
menu file. I copied some lines from the file of
gnome-applications.menu like this:

  <!-- The Debian menu -->
  <Menu>
    <Name>Debian</Name>
    <MergeFile>debian-menu.menu</MergeFile>
    <Directory>Debian.directory</Directory>
  </Menu>

But it totally not work. Maybe there need some layout lines?

For the system menu on xfce panel, it is still using menu.xml, and it
still use the
menudefs.hook file but can not show the Debian menu, too:

<menu name="Debian">
		<include type="file" src="menudefs.hook"/>
</menu>

How to get the debian menu back? both desktop menu and panel menu?

Thanks.

cathayan at gmail.com
http://blog.cathayan.org