xfce4-.+: remove the 4?

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Oct 13 11:44:33 CEST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:06:46 +0300
Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina at gulfsat.mg> wrote:

> 10/13/2009 10:30 AM, Brian J. Tarricone:
> > Don't make useless suggestions that involve wasting people's time
> > that could be better spent on actual improvements?
>
>  From a non-full-day-developper point of view:
> How to know if a suggestion could be useless or not?

I agree, you can't. This has been brought up a couple of times though.
The '4' is a bit unusual, but then again, such details in names don't
matter too much. If we ever feel like making a big switch, or starting
from scratch again, we can of course decide to drop it. But it'll remain
at the end of some names until 4.8, 4.10, ..., 4.76 or however far we
get with 4.x.

  - Jannis