ANNOUNCE: parole 0.1.90 released

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:09:59 CEST 2009

2009/10/6 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
> Mike Massonnet wrote:

>>> Really weird…
>>>
>>> Anyway, it still doesn't build:
>>>

>> Btw, Ali, I noticed that the use of DISTCLEANFILES is often wrong. For
>> instance in data/interfaces/Makefile.am you should use
>> MAINTAINERCLEANFILES instead for $(interfaces_h). In fact running make
>> distclean will delete the h files from the distribution tarball =>
>> wrong!
>>

> Usually when i do xdt-autogen clean i'm expecting my working directory to be
> clean of any generated files, using MAINTAINERCLEANFILES will keep the
> generated h files even after make distclean, but okay i might change it.

Yes, this is in fact the case, but from the distributed tarball, you
wouldn't want to remove the h files with make distclean otherwise the
user will have to execute the configure script with the maintainer
mode. Now you can use the maintainercleanfiles and keep the h files
after a make distclean but you can also run make maintainer-clean (or
maintainerclean, out of head I'm don't remember exactly) instead which
clears even more than distclean :-)

Cheers

>> Mike
>>

> Cheers,