Artwork and Licensing?

Philip Newborough corenominal at corenominal.org
Thu Oct 1 10:27:49 CEST 2009

Hello

I am interested in finding out more information about the Xfce logo and
artwork. I have performed a few queries, but I did not really find any
additional information.

The artwork page on the Xfce site[1] is somewhat vague. There is a
tarball available for download, but it does not contain a license; I
believe this is the reason the Xfce logo is currently nominated for
deletion on Wikipedia[2].

I know it is not mission critical, but would it be possible to make the
website's artwork page more informative? A good(?) example of what I am
talking about might be the "A GNU Head" on GNU's website[3]. It details
who the designer was, a brief description of the image/logo and how it
may be used.

 -- Philip

[1]: http://www.xfce.org/about/artwork
[2]: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Xfce_logo.png